skip to Main Content

No one wants to have to deal with the probate process after experiencing the death of a loved one. Probate in Texas is time-consuming and expensive, and can lead to serious disputes between family members. There are many ways of avoiding probate, but you need to be sure that you work with a skilled attorney to ensure that you follow all of these requirements correctly.

Hargrave Law, PC, has helped many families create estate plans that minimize or eliminate the need to go through probate. Our lawyer, Earl A. Hargrave, will meet with you and examine your specific situation. He can help you understand the steps that you will need to take to ensure that your assets will be protected when you pass away.

Making The Right Choices For Your Future

We look at the assets that belong to you or an estate to determine the options that are available. Certain accounts, such as checking or savings accounts, can be designated to be paid on death to beneficiaries, which will help keep these items out of probate. Property transfers may be accomplished using trusts or other measures that allow the individual to retain ownership while still alive. Any assets that remain may be listed in a will, which declares which individuals should receive these items.

While we make every effort to help you avoid probate, there are some cases where there are disputes concerning the distribution of property. Some beneficiaries may allege that there was a lack of mental capacity or that someone exerted undue influence over an individual at the time the will was created.

If you need help litigating a probate dispute, our attorney has extensive courtroom experience. He will aggressively advocate for you and provide a strong case that helps you protect your interests.

Trained By The Big Guys, Working For The Little Guys

To schedule a consultation to discuss your probate concerns, please call us at 817-282-0679 or send us an email. We have offices conveniently located in Bedford and Carrollton. (Consultations at the Carrollton office are available by appointment only.)

Back To Top