Top-Rated Texas Divorce Attorneys Serving Clients Throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
At Hargrave Law, PC, our Bedford, TX divorce lawyers are effective, solutions-focused advocates for clients. We have the skills, experience, and diligence to handle the full range of issues related to your divorce—from property division and alimony to child custody and child support. To set up a fully confidential, no obligation consultation with an experienced Texas family lawyer, please do not hesitate to call our Bedford law office today.
Texas Divorce: What You Need to Know
You Are Not Alone: Many Couples Get Divorced in Texas
If you are preparing for divorce, you are not alone. Approximately 75,000 married couples get divorced in Texas each year. The best estimates suggest that between 40 and 50 percent of U.S. marriages will end in divorce. Divorce might not be rare, but that does not make the process any less challenging for the people going through it. Ending a marriage is complicated—both emotionally and logistically. Professional help is just a phone call away.
The Grounds for Divorce in Texas
There are seven grounds for divorce in Texas—ranging from a felony conviction to abandonment. Although you have the right to seek a fault-based divorce, most Texas couples choose to separate on no-fault grounds.
Indeed, the most common grounds for divorce in Texas is ‘insupportability’. Similar to the concept of ‘irreconcilable differences’, a no-fault divorce due to insupportability is often in the best interests of both parties. Neither party needs to prove that the other did anything wrong and they can focus on the future. Of course, there are exceptions. If you want to get divorced on fault-based grounds, our Texas family lawyers can help.
Uncontested Divorce in Texas
An uncontested divorce is simply one in which the parties have been able to resolve all key issues on their own—without needing a judge to step in. When possible, an uncontested divorce generally is the best option for everyone involved. It saves time, money, and headaches.
That being said, reaching a fair divorce settlement is not necessarily easy. Even when both spouses desire an uncontested separation, it is still beneficial to be represented by an attorney. To find out more about your options, contact our Bedford, TX uncontested divorce lawyers today.
Contested Divorce in Texas
A contested divorce is one in which a court must adjudicate one or more key issues. If you cannot reach a settlement with your former partner, you are in a contested divorce. To be clear, not all contested divorces require litigation. In many cases, a separation that starts as a contested case is eventually settled—meaning an uncontested divorce is possible. Still, you need to protect your rights. If you are involved in a dispute with your spouse, we can help. Call our Bedford contested divorce attorneys for immediate assistance.
Common Issues that Must Be Resolved in a Divorce
Before you finalize your divorce, there are a number of different issues that must be resolved. At Hargrave Law, PC, our Texas family law attorneys have the experience and legal knowledge to help you resolve the full range of issues related to your divorce. Among other things, we assist clients with:
- Property Division: Asset division is one of the most contentious issues in most divorce cases. As Texas is a community property state, all assets acquired during the course of the marriage are considered shared property. Still, deciding how to get what can be challenging. Our Bedford, TX property division lawyers will protect your rights and help you find an effective solution.
- Spousal Support (Alimony): In some cases, one spouse may be required to pay support (alimony) following a divorce. To be clear, alimony is not mandated in every divorce case in Texas. However, if there is a significant gap in the future career/financial prospects of the two parties and the marriage lasts longer than ten years, alimony may be awarded.
- Child Custody & Visitation: For parents of young children, divorce can be especially difficult. We assist parents with the full range of child custody and child visitation issues. Whether you are looking to come to a workable co-parenting agreement with your former partner or you are fighting for sole custody, we can help.
- Child Support: In Texas, parents have a basic responsibility to support their children. Following a divorce, the non-custodial parent—the parent without primary physical possession of the child—may be required to make child support payments. We assist clients with all types of child support issues—from structuring an initial child support agreement to collecting on delinquent support payments.
Why Work With the Bedford, TX Divorce Lawyers at Hargrave Law
Ending a marriage can be stressful, frustrating, and overwhelming. At Hargrave Law, PC, our family law team offers solutions-focused legal advocacy. We work tirelessly to help our clients find the answer that works best for them. When you call our Bedford law office, you will speak to a divorce attorney who is ready to:
- Conduct an in-depth, confidential review of your divorce case;
- Hear your story, answer any questions, and explain your family law rights;
- Organize all relevant documents, records, and evidence;
- Work to negotiate a divorce agreement—finding an efficient, low conflict solution; and
- Prepare a strong, well supported case that protects your rights and interests.
Our mission is to help each and every client obtain the best possible outcome in their case. We know that no two marriages—and no two separations—are exactly alike. You deserve personalized legal representation from an experienced Texas divorce lawyer who is truly invested in getting you results.
Call Our Texas Divorce Attorneys for Immediate Help
At Hargrave Law, PC, our Texas divorce lawyers are committed to providing clients with personalized attention. We anticipate problems before they happen and help people find low conflict, reliable solutions. For a strictly confidential case evaluation, please contact our law firm today. With offices in Bedford, Grapevine, and Carrollton, we serve communities throughout North Texas, including in Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Plano, Garland, Frisco, Denton, Mckinney, and Irving.